Welcome to londonbasement.co.uk which is operated by Mr London Basement Company Limited t/a London Basement (registered number 7401351) whose registered offices are at London Basement, Unit 4 Victory Business Centre, Fleming Way. Isleworth, TW7 6DB United Kingdom. Your use of londonbasement.co.uk is subject to and governed by these conditions. Please read them carefully. London Basement (hereafter called “LB”), its parent, subsidiaries and other companies within its group provide londonbasement.co.uk and the services connected with LB’s website on the basis of these conditions.
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” when used in this Privacy Statement mean any user of this website.
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW AND WARRANT THAT ALL DATA PROVIDED BY YOU IS ACCURATE.
This policy provides the following:
- What information does LB collect and how does LB use this information?
- How do I stop LB from contacting me via email in the future?
- What is the policy regarding the LB ownership of information?
- What about links from LB to other sites?
- How can I ensure that information relating to me held by LB is accurate and up to date?
- Will LB tranfer my information abroad?
- What kind of security measures are used to protect your Personal Data?
- Governing Law
- Contact London Basement
1. What information does LB collect and how does LB use this information?
You may choose to buy products from us or receive additional information or services from us, or provide us with information related to customer satisfaction, customer purchasing habits and other purchasing information. When you purchase our products or request additional information, we request personal information, inlcuding Personal Data, about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details. We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored in our databases. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
The information that we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience on our website, as well as helps us improve the products and services we provide. When we ask you for Personal Data it may include the following purposes:
- We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- We may send you information of our other products and services, and regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services;
- We may contact you to notify you if you have won a competition or contest we have conducted;
- We may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes and market research; and We may use your Personal Data to create statistical data; We may use your Personal Data to fulfill your orders, to respond to any warranty claims and/or to provide any requested services;
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you where necessary or appropriate, for example, if you have a query about on of our products or services; and
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer this website and help us improve our services. This may include contacting recent and/or past LB web site visitors who have provided personal information to LB.
We will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail (where you have given consent for us to do so) or post.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website. Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until the browser is closed. We may also use “cookies” in e-mail communications to personalise the e-mail and track whether it has been opened or read, and whether you have used any website links contained in the e-mail communication. This allows us to monitor and improve our e-mail communications and website.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computers hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information.
We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e: aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users demographics.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy Statement and under these limited circumstances:
- Your Personal Data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies in order to provide you with the information, products or services which you have requested or information of products, services or issues which we think may be of interest to you.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other third party businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we will endeavour to contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions as well as organisational and security measures to protect that data and to comply with its confidentiality obligations and all applicable law.
2. How do I stop LB from contacting me via e-mail in the future?
If you are on our email mailing list you may have received emails from us about our products, special offers, competitions and other matters. If you wish to cease receiving email communications from us or would like us to cease processing your information in any other way you can email us at [email protected] with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
Each email we send contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving emails from us. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of any email.
We will make every effort to cease communication by e-mail promptly; however this may sometimes be subject to administration delay, but will be dealt with as soon as possible.
3. What is the policy regarding the LB ownership of information?
All opinions, ideas, suggestions, and other feedback submitted to our web sites may be used by LB, without any restriction and free of charge, and nothing contained in this policy shall limit or otherwise affect this. There may be instances where we request or permit the submission of your opinions/ideas. In such instances you will be required to agree to the terms of a LB prepared agreement related to the provision of such information prior to its submission.
4. What about links from LB’s site to other sites?
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to this website and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you and the local data authority where required by law of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
6. How can I ensure that information relating to me held by LB is accurate and up to date?
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below. Unless you tell us to delete your Personal Data, your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to carry out the purpose(s) for which it was collected. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
7. Will LB transfer my information abroad?
8. What kind of security measures are used to protect your Personal Data?
We employ appropriate technical security and organisational measures, and endeavour to ensure that any third party that processes your Personal Data on our behalf employs appropriate technical security and organisational measures, to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental loss, or destruction or damage to your Personal Data. All Personal Data is stored on secured computers and is encrypted wherever possible.
9. Governing Law
We welcome comments about this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing [email protected] or by writing to us at London Basement, Unit 4 Victory Business Centre, Fleming Way. Isleworth, TW7 6DB. Any feedback will be stored at this office.